usa bg Study Visa

One of the best investment for the future is the USA education. USA education is now more affordable as it provides a wide spectrum of tuition fees, accommodation options and financial help from the institutions through scholarships, fee waivers, aid etc. It is more flexible in terms of choice of courses within a college or university in the USA education system. During the course of study, a student can transfer from one course/stream to another or one institution to another. This aspect of the USA education system makes it distinct from other countries. The US offers international students the most exciting, rewarding and comprehensive array of study options in the world.

In general, whoever wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a non-immigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residents. In order to study in the United States you must have a student visa. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend will determine whether you need an F-1 visa or an M-1 Visa.

New Students:

The visas for F-1 and M-1 students can be issued for up to 120 days in advance of your course of study start date. However, the entry to the United States will not be allowed in F-1 or M-1 Status earlier than 30 days before the course start date.

Continuing Students:

The continuing students may renew their visas at any time, as long as the student status is maintained and their SEVIS records are current.

Documents required: 

The following documents are required before your visa interview:

  • Passport – A valid passport for travel to the United States.
  • Non-immigrant visa application, form DS-160 confirmation page.
  • Application fee payments receipt – In case you are required to pay before your interview.
  • Certificate of Eligibility for nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status for Academic and language Students, Form I-20 or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocation Students, Form I-20 Your School will send you a SEVIS-generate form I-20 once they have entered your information in the SEVIS database. You and your school official must sign the form I-20. All students, their spouse and minor children if they intend to reside in United States with the students, must be registered in the student and Exchange Visitors System (SEVIS). Each person receives an individual form I-20. 
    Additional documentation may be required:
    Additional requested documents may include evidence of
  • Your academic preparation such as transcripts, diploma, degrees or certificates from school you attended, standardized test for scores required by your United States school.
  • Your intent to depart the US upon completion of your course of study.
  • How you will pay all the educational, living and travel costs.

Get free consultation