United Kingdom has a large international student community and multicultural society. Students come from over 200 nations to study in the UK. The UK education system gives students the freedom to combine courses and subjects from different areas of studies, so you can tailor your degree to your own needs and interest.
It has a multicultural society which provides students from across the world with a great scope of getting to know new cultural and people. The age recommended for higher education in United Kingdom is 18 years and above. An additional advantage of studying in the United Kingdom is it helps in learning and understanding the famous British accent.
There are two types of visa that a student can apply for studying.
- Tier 4- student (Adult) visa
- Tier 4- student (Child) visa
The Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa: This visa is for students who intend to take up a full time course at any post -16 at a UK education institution. This visa allows students to participate in both short and long term courses of at least 6 months in duration. In order to qualify for this visa the student must have a confirm offer of enrolment from a licensed education provider, and must be able to maintain themselves for accommodation and also must show that they are able to pay their course fees.
- Applicants will be required to show that they have been accepted into the recognized course of study at an approved UK institution, licensed by the UK Home office.
- Applicants will also be required to provide evidence that they have sufficient funds available to support themselves.
The tier-4 students (adults) visa holders are allowed to work during vocation periods on a full time basis without seeking further permission from the UK Home office. In some cases, graduate level student can get settled in UK by switching into a working visa category.
The tier -4 student (child) visa: This visa is for children between the age group of 4 to 17 years who wants to study at UK educational institution in a full time course. This type of visa is flexible and allows the student to study for at least 6 months of duration in whichever courses taken up. Students must have a confirmed offer of enrolment from a licensed education provider and should be able to maintain and accommodate themselves on the duration of stay and must show that they are able to pay their course fee.
- Applicants will be required to show that they have been accepted into a recognized course of study at an approved UK institution, licensed by the UK Home office.
- Applicants will also be required to provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to be able to support themselves during their study in the UK.
- Applicant must have their parent’s or guardian’s written consent for their travel, reception and care arrangements while in the UK.