The student visa permits any individual to enter Canada as a full time student at an accredited community college, university or any other institution. Students graduating from Canadian institutions enjoy successful and prosperous careers. Overall there is a diversity in classrooms and schools in Canada since foreign students bring their rich culture, broad knowledge and specialized skills.
Canadian Education System:
There is no federal or central education system in Canada. Education system in Canada is under the complete jurisdiction of the provinces and territories (states). Institutions are further divided into community colleges and Universities at the post-secondary level. A significant number of University graduates upon completion of their degree look to acquire vocational skills for employment.
The degrees and diplomas from Canadian institutions are among the most widely recognized in the world. Students have a diverse choice of 92 Universities and 175 community collages offering a wide array of programs. The students are allowed to work for the first 6 months on campus while pursuing their studies and thereafter off campus.
Some basic requirements are:
- You must have proof of acceptance and enrolment to an accredited institution in Canada.
- You must possess a valid passport/travel document.
- You need to provide proof of financial support such as :
- Tuition fee
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- Applicants must ensure that they are criminally and medically admissible to enter Canada and be willing to undergo a medical examination.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.